At Ethnic Now we collect information about our users for two main reasons:
- To help us continually improve the service we offer.
- To use the details of our users to sell appropriate advertising space on the site. We don’t want our advertisers to be putting their message in front of the wrong people and we don’t want our users to be confronted with irrelevant adverts.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with other companies outside of Ethnic Now without your prior consent. We will only share aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our advertisers.
What information do we collect?
We collect some basic information from all of our registered users. This includes your name and e-mail address. We also ask some further questions so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. They also enable us to personalise services for our users. We collect data, listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users.
Use of your data and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your Data for purposes which may include:
- providing our users with a personalised service
- processing orders, registrations and enquiries
- conducting market research surveys
- running competitions and polls
- providing you with information about products and services we offer
- sharing your Data with third party organisations who offer products or services which we feel may be of interest to you (as stated above, providing you agree to receive such information)
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified):
- to build up marketing profiles
- to aid strategic development
- to manage our relationship with advertisers
- to audit usage of the site
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow subscribers to be presented with a personalised version of the site
- enabling you to move more easily around our site
- tracking your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements
- building up a demographic profile
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time however this will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce functionality of the site, prevent access to subscriber-only areas of the site and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you.
From time to time we may permit third party companies to set cookies on Ethnic Now for purposes which may include market research, serving advertisements, revenue tracking or to improve functionality of the site.
Ethnic Now has appropriate measures in place to ensure that our users’ Data is protected against unauthorised access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. User Data may be transferred outside of Ethnic Now to data processors such as fulfilment houses but they will act only on our instructions to provide the services required.
Transfer of Data
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing Ethnic Now and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way. By agreeing to our transfer of your Data to third party organisations for them to send you details of products and services offered (as detailed above) you are deemed to provide your consent to any transfer of your Data to organisations based outside the European Economic Area.
User Access and Control of Data
If you wish to amend any of the Data which we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, please visit Edit Profile after you are logged onto the site.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com. We may charge the statutory allowable fee for provision of this information.
Any changes to our policy will be posted here.