Faiza Amjid, Senior Campaign Manager with Oceanic Consulting said: “The English-Scottish rivalry is undoubtedly long standing, whether it is in relation to football or fashion. Though London, Birmingham, Bradford, and Manchester are recognised as forerunners when it comes to the Asian Wedding Industry in Britain, Scotland, and in particular Glasgow, has been strongly emerging over the past few years as a real contender as a shopping destination. The introduction of the Awards looks to recognise the developments taking place in the industry in Scotland and encourage further expansion and evolution.”
With these awards running for the first time ever at this event, nominations are expected to come in by the truck load. The categories are:
• Best venue: the venue that provides the must have qualities of location, décor, service, and amenities – be it hotel, large or small, a castle or manor house
• Photographer: the professional who delivers the most spectacular images of the wedding party and guests, capturing each moment of the day perfectly.
• Videographer: the professional who captures the once in a lifetime moments in a beautiful film to treasure forever.
• Make-up artist: the trained professional whose fine brush, pencil and fingertips highlight the brides lovely features letting her glow from the first step down the aisle to the last dance.
• Boutique: the retailer that provides excellent service and luxurious apparel from first consultation to final stitch.
• Florist: the green fingers that create unique bouquets of delicate posies to grace the bride and wedding party with splashes of colour and wonderful scents.
• DJ: the music maestro whose tunes fill the dance floor, making the party shimmy and shake until the wee hours
• Caterers: the chefs and waiting staff whose tireless work throughout fills the wedding guests’ bellies with sumptuous delights from reception, right through starters, mains, dessert each tantalising the taste buds and satisfying the largest of appetites.
The Occasions Scottish Asian Wedding Show on the 4th of April runs from noon until 7pm, featuring two fashion shows at 2pm and 6pm. These shows will showcase wedding and occasion wear from all over the UK. There will also be various forms of live entertainment taking place throughout the day.