Located on Albemarle Street, opposite Browns Hotel, Chor Bizarre – India’s Restaurant captures the spirit of the ‘Chor bazaar’ or ‘thieves market’ within its kaleidoscopic interiors and serves authentic Indian cuisine in a unique atmosphere. An Aladdin’s cave of bric-a-brac and fascinating antiques, the resplendent furnishings and décor have been collected from various bazaars of India. The interiors have been given a new makeover and they uniquely represent the bazaar to which it owes its name.
The new Head Chef, Sanjay Kaul has redesigned the menu. He has brought in a unique collection of recipes from different parts of India. While he has introduced new dishes like Kerala fish moilee, prawn butter pepper garlic, tofu harra pyaaz (for vegans), chutney wale nadroo and dahi batata puri amongst others, he has also kept the old favourites intact, which include a variety of chaat, tak-a-tak platters, gajab ka tikka, dakshni crabcakes, shehnai gosht, sharabi kababi tikka masala, tandoori lamb chops, etc.
PRAWN BUTTER PEPPER GARLIC
Succulent prawns gently simmered in garlic and white butter sauce with freshly crushed black pepper
Prawn ‘B’ grade — 5 nos.
Chilli flakes — 2 gms.
Crushed pepper corn — 2 gm
Chopped garlic — 5 gms.
Chopped ginger — 5 gms.
Garam masala powder — 1 gm
Chopped coriander — 1 gm
Refined oil — 5 ml
Unsalted butter — 5 gm
Corn flour — for dusting of prawns
Tempura batter — 5 ml
Juice of lemon — 5 ml
Oyster sauce — 5 ml
Oil — for frying
1. Clean the prawns by slitting and taking out the vein.
2. Wash and pat them dry.
3. Coat the prawns with thick tempura batter and then dust with corn flour
4. Lightly fry the prawns till they are done
5. Take oil in a non-stick pan, sauté ginger and garlic.
6. Add chilli flakes and crushed pepper corn.
7. Add around 20-25 ml water and oyster sauce. bring it to a boil.
8. Add garam masala and chopped coriander
9. Toss the fried prawns in sauce till it evenly coats the prawns
10. Finish with lemon juice and butter
11. Serve hot, garnished with coriander sprig
Address: 16 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4HW
Telephone no: 0207-6299802, 0207-6298542
Cuisine: Regional Indian cuisine, large vegetarian selection
Management: Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (OWH)
Head Chef: Sanjay Kaul
Number of covers: 80
Mon – Sat
Lunch: 12:00 noon – 03:00 pm
Dinner: 06:00 pm – 11.30 pm
06:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Credit cards accepted: All major credit cards
Nearest Tube Station: Green Park / Piccadilly Circus
Credit: Chor Bizarre, Mayfair, http://www.chorbizarre.com/lon/