The World Food Awards are open exclusively to companies specialising, promoting or stocking products from the following communities: Asian, Oriental, African, Afro-Caribbean, European, East-European, Middle Eastern, South American and Mediterranean. The closing date for this year’s entries is Tuesday 31st July, 2012.
Categories for the Awards are listed below and entries are now officially open:
• Best New Product of the Year – NEW CATEGORY
• Food or Drink Product of the Year – NEW CATEGORY
• Best Packaging of the Year
• Wholesaler of the Year/Catering Supplier of the Year – NEW CATEGORY
• Marketing Campaign of the Year
• National Retailer of the Year
• Exporter of the Year – NEW CATEGORY
• Restaurant of the Year
• Entrepreneur of the Year Award
• Lifetime Achievement Award
Hosted by comedy legend Lenny Henry, last year’s Awards featured a glittering array of celebrity guests including chefs Ken Hom, Rob Billington, Anjum Anand and Ravinder Bhogal, as well as Reggae Reggae Sauce creator Levi Roots, actor Nitin Ganatra, director Gurinder Chadha, singers Simon Webbe and Mica Paris and sporting legends Amir Khan, Denise Lewis and Chris Eubank.
The World Foods Association has also reconfirmed that the Star Network will again be supporting the event as the official media partner to host this year’s much anticipated event.
For the latest news, as it happens, follow us on: