The AFA are proud to announce the first and exclusive African Fashion Awards, a unique and glamorous celebration recognising and rewarding fashion designers from Africa and the African Diaspora for their contribution and excellence to the fashion industry.
This exclusive celebration aims to place a spotlight on these creative individuals who to date have been largely ignored by the mainstream fashion industry.
The Cumberland Hotel will host this unique and glitzy extravaganza on the 22nd August 2009 which will boast luminaries from the fashion, media and business industry. A star studded line up is expected with great entertainment and 2 glamorous catwalk shows where designers will showcase their collections, creativity and greatness.
Awards will be presented and achievements will be honoured as we celebrate the very best of African fashion.
This unique annual award ceremony commencing in 2009 aims to be a voice for African fashion designers and to raise their profile.
The African Fashion Awards (AFA) was established to help nurture the rich kernels of talent scattered liberally throughout the African Fashion world, and shine a spotlight on some of its most creative eclectic designers, whose full potential has been thus far unrealized.
African fashion is among the richest, most diverse and attention grabbing in the world. The top fashion houses are increasingly embracing African influences, and top African designers such as Seidnaly Alphadi and Xuly Bet are making names for themselves internationally. We hope that the African Fashion Awards will give a new generation of UK based and native African designers an opportunity to showcase their creations, and increase their brand awareness.
Ticket outlets will be announced at a later date via the AFA webpage www.africanfashionawards.com
To discuss modelling at the event, sponsorship or exhibition opportunities please contact Rebecca Fynn at email@example.com alternatively telephone 0845 220 0364.
The African Fashion Awards will:
• Be a voice for UK based and native African fashion designers
• Promote and raise the profile of African Fashion designers and
encourage the development of African fashion.
• Provide a cutting edge, high profile event showcasing the creativity and hard
work of the UK’s and native African fashion designers
• Highlight the contribution of African fashion designers to the fashion industry
• Celebrate, acknowledge and reward the creativity and talent of the UK’s and
Africa’s Fashion Designers
All designers will be showcasing their creativity at the award ceremony, which we fully expect to become a key fixture of the World Fashion scene.
The general public will be invited to nominate designers in the following award categories:
• AFA Designer of the Year
• Womenswear Designer of the Year
• Menswear Designer of the Year
• Accessory Designer of the Year
• Sponsor’s Award for Emerging Talent (Womenswear)
• Sponsor’s Award for Emerging Talent (Menswear)
• Sponsor’s Award for Emerging Talent (Accessory Design)
• Teen Designer of the Year
WEB: www.africanfashionawards.com (under construction)
Facebook Group: africanfashionawards