“GHANA – WE CAN DO BETTER” CONFERENCE
P.O. BOX 21266, LONDON W9 3YR
“Only Africa can fight for her destiny. In this struggle we shall not reject the assistance and support of our friends, but we will yield to no enemy, however strong.” Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah
This is to invite you to a conference of Ghanaians in London under the title – ‘Ghana – We Can Do Better’ on Saturday 12 January 2008 from 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
This is bringing together various Ghanaians involved in different initiatives in London to discuss how to network in UK as well contribute towards the development of Ghana. Key Speakers for the meeting are:
1. Dr Adotey Bing-Pappoe, an Economic Consultant
2. Dr Kwadwo Osei-Nyame, lecturer at the University of London
3. Dame Betty Asafu Adjaye, Executive Director of Mision Dine Club
4. Mr Kwaku, BritishBlackMusic.com/Black Music Congress
5. Ms Elvina Quaison, Ghana Black Star Network
6. Mr Yao Togobo, Journalist and Poet
7. Mr Kobby, Minority Students UK
8. Ms Nana Ama Amamoo, The African Families Foundation
Facilitators for the day are Ms Janet Buerki Narh, BEN TV Woman’s Hour and Ms Serwah of BTWSC (www.btwsc.com).
The conference, which is organised by the Centre for African Studies of University of London with the support of BTWSC, will take place at the School of Oriental and African Studies of University of London, Room G3, Thornhaugh Street, London WC1 (near Russell Square tube, Buses 7, 59, 68, 91, 168, 188)
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Kofi Nani (Conference Co-ordinator)