The International Igbo Women Conference and Awards Gala Dinner was set-up to celebrate Igbo women’s achievements and also address issues of equality, poverty and human rights. At Igbo women Awards we believe that by celebrating these achievements, we are motivating others to achieve. We aim to act as a catalyst, enabling the older generation of Igbo women to successfully pass on to the younger generation, factual information about their Igbo heritage.
The occasion will consist of both a conference and an awards gala dinner. Each year the Awards will not only be themed, but also highlight and support the work of an organization /charity which works in line with the theme.
This year the theme is Domestic Violence, and we will highlighting the “Power to Choose Project which is one of the subsidiary projects of this year’s chosen organisation, the Nchekwa Oha Advocacy Foundation.
The Igbo Women Conference
– Presentation from Megan Clement the Founder and Director of Nchekwa Oha Advocacy Foundation
– Panel discussions and debates revolving around this year’s theme of domestic violence.
– Other guest speakers consist of Lilas Lafluer (Singer and DV advocate), Felicity Okolo (Writer and Presenter of IT IS MY LIFE SHOW. A show that deals with DV issues), Natalie Chambers ( Safer Families, Barnet)
Igbo Women Awards & Gala Dinner
– Nominees awarded for the various categories; Best Actress, Business Women, Woman in Education, Community Activist, and more.
– Entertainment on the night will be provided by Splash, Shiikane, and Rebecca Omordia. Hosts for the evening Toya A. Washington (Big Brother UK) and Stephan Pierre Mitchell (Channel 4 and Nollywood TV).
– Dinner serving the best in Igbo delicacy.
– Opportunities to network, and support business stalls.
Dress code: All guests are encouraged to wear a traditional / dress smart
IGBO WOMEN CONFERENCE
Date: 7th October 2016
Venue: Business Lounge, Wood Green Library, 187-197A High Road, Wood Green, London, N22 6XD
Time: 10am – 2pm
Cost: FREE, registration required register HERE
Nearest Tube: Wood Green (Piccadily Line)
Nearest British Rail: Alexandra Palace
Bus Routes: 29, 67, 121, 123, 141, 144, 184, 221, 230, 232, 243, 329, W3 and W4
IGBO WOMEN AWARD & GALA DINNER
Date: 8th October 2016
Venue: The Dream Centre, Tottenham Town Hall, Town Hall Approach, Seven Sisters, London, N15 4RY
Time: 5pm – 10.30pm
Cost: £30(Standard) / £60 (VIP) / £100 (VVIP)
Nearest Tube: Seven Sisters (Victoria Line, Overground) & Tottenham Hale (Victoria Line)
Nearest British Rail: Seven Sisters & Tottenham Hale,
Bus Routes: 149, 243, 76, 349, 476, 318, 41, 123, 230, 279, W4
For more info and Tickets:
Contact Number: 07913685907
Find out more about the Igbo Women Conference & Gala Award Dinner
Twitter: www.twitter.com/igbowomenawards Facebook: www.facebook.com/Igbowomenawards