On Friday 10th June 2011, Dot Hyphen Productions (in association with Arts Council England, Punch Records and Niskham Civic Association) launch a new and exciting arts exhibition exploring the Sikh Turban.
This groundbreaking exhibit brings the story of the turban to life – from the spirituality of the Dastaar to the Turban Rights Movement that established Sikh Rights in the UK.
The days programme will consist of short films, discussion with the award-winning exhibition team and a special guest speaker before the official unveiling of the exhibition.
The launch event will be filmed for television and broadcast on Sangat TV (channel 847).
Local, national and international media are invited to attend to cover the exhibition for radio, TV and print outlet.
Available for film and photography on the day will be:
– childrens turban tieing workshop at 10:00 hosted by Sikh storyteller Roop Singh
– interviews with the exhibition team (see notes for full details)
– the exhibition panels and display art
– interviews with members of the Sikh community different ages, male and female
– access to specially commissioned film footage about Sikh turban tieing & the historic Turban Rights Movement
Official photography from the event can be made available upon request