This unique shopping event brings together exhibitors who will be offering affordable cultural gifts you won’t find on the shelves of local high street shops or department stores.
The family day gives shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts which ooze creativity and in many cases that bespoke, handmade touch – it’s a chance to treat yourself and pick up something a bit more personal and thoughtful for your loved ones too.
You will find a wide assortment of gift types to cross off your gift-giving list. You can expect to see top quality exhibitors who will be showcasing the finest selection of culturally inspired merchandise.
Our exhibitors will be selling a variety of unique, cultural gifts including: children’s toys; books for all ages; hair and beauty products many of which will have been naturally/organically produced; jewellery and accessories; art, greeting cards; clothing for men, children and women; and seasonal food and drink.
Charity: For the second year running we have chosen the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust [ACLT] as our official charity for and will be donating a third of proceeds taken on the day to them.
The family day gives shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts which ooze creativity and in many cases that bespoke, handmade touch – it’s a chance to give your loved ones something a bit more personal and thoughtful. To keep the occasion in the spirit of Christmas, we have created a day that will leave you feeling festive and the mood for giving. Your festive shopping experience includes:
• Retailers selling culturally inspired gifts for men, women, and children including hair and beauty products, books, toys, educational gifts, paintings, jewellery, accessories, bags, clothing, gifts for the home, sauces, and greeting cards too
• The first 50 shoppers will receive a complimentary cup of warm sorrel courtesy of Duchess’s Sorrel
• With our compliments, the first 100 guests will receive either a mini cup cake by The Fancy Baker [cranberry/white chocolate and spiced apple] or a mini Dee’s Luxury Jamaican Rum Cake
• Complimentary face-painting for the first 25 children by Estar Artistics
• Free Christmas card making workshop: throughout the day, to keep children entertained, Strange Fruit will be running a free card making workshop to give everyone – young and not so young – the opportunity to have some fun and get busy with the paper, glue and scissors and make their own card their way. The winner of the best card will get a family ticket [2 adults / 2 children] to see Cinderella at Theatre Royal Stratford East
• Meet the much loved Holby City/ Rev actor and ACLT supporter, Jimmy Akingbola who will be at the event to announce raffle prize winners at 4pm
• At 5pm come and hear Mas Law who will be bedazzling the crowd with refreshing and positive words, to uplift and enlighten
• Blaze It Up Entertainment spinning an eclectic mix of tunes to keep you feeling festive
• Raffle prizes galore – we are raising funds for the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust
• A selection of Caribbean food will be on sale from 12-7pm in the CLF Art Café
• On departure, guests will receive a goodie bag [subject to availability]
• The official Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions after-party will be held at the same venue as the event and starts immediately after at 7pm to 2am: come and shake a leg with the AGO team, exhibitors and shoppers at The South London Soul Train Christmas special
Second annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions Christmas Shopping boutique
Time: 12pm – 7pm ‘ Date: Saturday 3 December 2011
Where: The Bussey Building, CLF Art Café [1st Floor + 2nd Floor], 133 Rye Lane, London SE15 4ST ‘ www.clfartcafe.org
Entry: £3 [includes raffle ticket / £1 charitable donation to the ACLT] Children are free.
Info: www.afridiziak.com/xmas2011 ‘ www.twitter.com/AfridiziakGO ‘ www.facebook.com/AfridiziakGiftsOccasions
Sponsors and partner organisations:
We are pleased to be working with the following organisations: Afridiziak Theatre News; Lime magazine; African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust; CLF Art café; The Fancy Baker, Dee’s Luxury Jamaican rum cakes; Duchess’s Sorrel; Mellz Photography; Blaze it Up Entertainment, Estar Artistics and Strange Fruit. Goodie bags and raffle prize sponsors including Pendeza Pantyhose, Organic Root Stimulator, Just Cool, Crème of Nature, Mizani, Mazuri and Picturehouse Cinemas.