Lime’s publisher, Got Media, said of the milestone: “I feel proud of the effort Team Lime has made and humbled and blessed by the response our publication has received from our readers, who have let us know every month, without fail from our first issue, how valued and needed our publication is to them and to our community. This makes the blood, sweat and tears that go into every issue of Lime – well worth it!”
In the last 12 months we have crammed in an awful lot and championed ground-breaking productions like, Welcome to Thebes, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Angie Le Mar’s Do You Know Where Your Daughter Is?, Sucker Punch, Fela! and Into The Hoods. Lime has also interviewed some of the most engaging talent in entertainment right now, including Idris Elba, Des C, B.O.B, Noel Clarke, Gabrielle Sidibe, Sanaa Lathan, Nneka, K’NAAN, Akala, Shizzio, Tinchy Stryder, Trey Songz, Eddie Kadi, Salt N Pepa and Toni Braxton.
Lime’s editor, Sophia A Jackson said: “Thank you to Team Lime and everyone who has made Lime magazine the success it is. I feel blessed and inspired to be working with so many talented individuals on a daily basis. The fact we have made it to a year despite the climate being the way it is – is nothing short of a miracle. Here’s to many more years of Lime and watching it grow from strength to strength”.
Launched in January 2010, Lime’s website www.comelime.com has also grown and has become a must visit website for events, competitions and features. Not only can you read the latest issue of the magazine online, you can now purchase tickets to some of the best events in town via our partner, Ticketmaster – the UK’s number one ticket purchasing agency.
Lime’s features editor Michelle Adabra said: “It’s been an incredible journey for all of us here at Lime. I’m so proud of everything we have achieved as a team and I want to thank everybody who has supported us.”
• The Magazine Is looking fantastic, A force to be reckoned with: Jessica Huie, Colorblind Cards
• Well done on your new site Lime and magazine. I have flicked through it and it looks delicious: Mike Peters, Tiemo Entertainments
• The magazine looks great, thank you so much: Tommy Wesley, Richard Kornberg & Associates (Fela! on Broadway)
• Just checked out the latest issue of the magazine – it looks real good: Kirstin McLetchie, The Outside Organisation
• Fantastic magazine – well done: comedian, playwright and broadcaster, Angie Le Mar
• The magazine is so well put together – well done: Colourful Radio presenter, Rosemary Laryea
To all the wonderful people who have supported Lime over the past year. All the staff at Lime HQ, our contributors – it’s been an amazing rollercoaster journey and the magazine would not exist without your tenacity and love. To the PRs in the entertainment industry, our advertisers – thank you. Most importantly, thank you to all of our readers who have encouraged us and helped make Lime what it is today! We will continue to supply the best competitions, the best features and the most up-to-date event listings to the hottest places in London every month!
Connect with Lime.
• Lime is on Twitter: www.twitter.com/limewithus
• Lime is on Facebook: www.facebook.com/limemagazine
• For competitions: www.comelime.com/competitions
• General enquiries: email@example.com.
• To advertise: Dean Serieux, head of sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For all editorial queries, email Sophia A Jackson on email@example.com
Notes to Editors
Lime was founded in August 2009 by three former New Nation employees, Dean Serieux (Lime’s head of sales), Michelle Adabra (Lime’s features editor) and Sophia A Jackson (Lime’s editor). Determined to bring something fresh, fun and community- based into the market, the trio decided to draw on their combined expertise to create a publication with something to offer the whole family.
Lime magazine is published by Got Media Ltd