The family day gives shoppers the opportunity to pick up inspiring gifts which ooze creativity and in many cases that bespoke, handmade touch – it’s a chance to give your loved ones something a bit more personal and thoughtful.
You will find a wide assortment of gift types to cross off your gift-giving list and no doubt pick up something for yourself too.
You can expect to see top quality exhibitors who will be showcasing the finest selection of culturally inspired merchandise.
Our exhibitors will be selling a variety of unique, cultural gifts including: children’s toys; books for all ages; hair and beauty products many of which will have been naturally/organically produced; jewellery and accessories; greeting cards; clothing for children and women; and seasonal food and drink.
Charity: We have chosen the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust [ACLT] as our official charity for 2010 and will be donating a third of proceeds taken on the day to them. The ACLT will be present on the day and are using the event as a donation recruitment drive. We are also pleased that they will be there to announce the raffle prize winners.
To keep the occasion in the spirit of Christmas, we have created a day that will leave you feeling festive and the mood for giving.
Your festive shopping experience includes:
• On arrival, guests will be served a warm glass of mulled wine or non-alcoholic alternative with an Afridiziak Christmas cake made by our official caterer, Eclectic Food
• DJ Sofire, Sofine spinning an eclectic mix of tunes to keep you feeling festive
• Christmas Carols sung by Battersea Seventh-day Adventist Church Praise Choir
• Retailers selling culturally inspired gifts for men, women, children including hair and beauty products, books, toys, educational gifts, paintings, jewellery, accessories, bags, clothing, gifts for the home and greeting cards too
• Gift wrapping service
• Face painting for children courtesy of Nubidollz
• Raffle prizes galore – we are raising funds for the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust
• Caribbean food will be on sale from 12-5pm at the Oval House Theatre café
• On departure, guests will receive a goodie bag [subject to availability] Listings information
First annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions Christmas Shopping Extravaganza
Date: Saturday 4 December 2010
Time: 11am to 5pm
Venue: Oval House Theatre, 52-54 Kennington Oval London SE11 5SW / http://www.ovalhouse.com
Cost: £3 entry includes £1 charitable donation to the African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust [ACLT] Info: http://www.afridiziak.com/xmas2010
Sponsors and partner organisations:
We are pleased to be working with the following organisations: Afridiziak Theatre News; Lime magazine; African-Caribbean Leukaemia Trust; Battersea Seven Day Adventist Praise Choir and Eclectic Food. Goodie bags sponsors: Creme of Nature; Roots Organic and KeraCare.