Do Something Different Weekend
25 & 26 July
During the last week of July , come rain or shine the Barbican Centre will be celebrating the great British summer with a variety of events, workshops and fun activities for your family and friends to enjoy.
Join us and over the weekend you can…
* Watch FreeStage performances from Grupo Lokito, Moleque De Rua and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
* Dance your way through the day with jazz, tango and swing classes
* Discover rhythms and grooves from across Brazil in percussion workshops
* Build your own sculptures at the beach
* Festoon the foyers with flowery garlands and creepy crawlies
* Whip your sunglasses off and take part in the Barbican staring contest
* Make your very own ice cream sundaes
* Enjoy summer cocktails and fresh lemonade by the lakeside
* Stay and enjoy free music and entertainment at our Barbican Lates night
* Book now for Antibalas + Gangbe Brass Band on Saturday and Spok Frevo + Kasai Allstars on Sunday!
There will be a range of free activities and performances throughout the day.
The Centre’s restaurants and cafés will also be open throughout the weekend providing a delicious selection of family friendly meals and snacks!