Still buzzing from the resounding success of their first standup comedy show, Desi Central returns with a bigger lineup and even bigger ambition to the Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham on Friday 9 April 2010.
Showcasing the cream of Asian stand-up comedy the cool Jay Sodagar returns as compere and is joined by award winning Inder Manocha, the streetwise charm of Haqi Ali and thought-provoking Ahir Shah. Joining this talented group BBC Asian Network presenter Noreen Khan will provide you with a unique musical experience on the night.
Tempted? This will be another night to remember – laugh until it hurts from as little as £17.50 a ticket. Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster, Alexandra box office and through event organisers.
• Noreen Khan is currently presenting the Weekend Breakfast shows on BBC Asian Network as well as launching and hosting a brand new quiz show for Brit Asia TV. The very first ‘Fizzy Quiz Show’ starts Thursday 4th March at 9pm
• Press tickets are available and include exclusive admission to after show party at Crystal Rivers
• Inder Manocha, comedian and actor, has played all the big venues in Britain, from The Comedy Store to the Hackney Empire, has performed in The Middle East, The Far East and South Africa. His TV acting profile includes the Channel 4 series Skins and most recently BBC1’s medical drama Holby City.
• Jay Sodagar was part of the first All Asian Comedy Impro Team, which toured Canada and the US. Jay’s talents range from writing sketch shows to feature length film scripts and teaching comedy. He has appeared everywhere from tiny comedy clubs and large theatres to Television and even around the world.
• Ahir Shah was a finalist at the Hackney Empire in the category of ‘New Act of the Year’ 2009. In 2008 he was a finalist for ‘So You Think You’re Funny’ as well as performing at the Edinburgh Festival as part of ‘One Boy. One Man. Two Comedians’. This talented young comedian is definitely one to watch out for in the future.
• Haqi has a promising career as an actor and comedian. He was winner of the Glastonbury Festival comedy Competition in 1999 and has also appeared on BBC’s Network East, Desi DNA, and Malai Monologs as a comic. Haqi has recently finished a pilot sitcom by Working Titles, Navel Glazing and Picture Farm Ltd.
Desi Central – comedy that gets to your roots!
For interview requests and all press enquiries please contact:
07967 225 642
– Ends –