Aimed at the minority groups, this three-part pack includes a booklet which provides a simple guide to the minefield of setting up a business, covering everything from business plans to making decisions about premises. There is also a CD, which has more detailed information, together with practical templates to help turn ideas into reality. Finally, with local businesses in mind, there is a bespoke leaflet about the Brent area, containing local information, contacts and resources.
ABi provides a focused and diverse range of support to entrepreneurs. Senior Business Adviser, Laurence Sofowora, commented: “ABi is the right place to come for quality and experienced business support delivered in a way to suit the client’s requirements. We welcome all business ideas and will take time to talk through all ideas and start the process of support.”
He also identified five top tips to help potential entrepreneurs before they embark on their business ideas. These are:
1. Carry out comprehensive market research.
2. Have a clear understanding of what you are selling in terms of your product or service.
3. Know how they’re going to sell e.g. online, mail order etc.
4. Be clear about the customers you are going to sell to.
5. Check if you have skills, abilities and qualities to go into business, such as vision, determination, initiative and a level of understanding of figures.
Copies of the start-up fact file can be obtained free from ABi by calling 020 84384550 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org